Today started out as a dreary, rainy, gray day. Then, around lunchtime, the weather cleared up and turned a bit sunny. The weather was not overly hot, it seemed just perfect for a short trip to the local park. We live in a small town, so our park is small.......but my Annabelle is also small, so it all worked out. Since Annabelle is not walking yet, we were able to go on the swings but not the slides. It won't be long until she makes it to the slides and the little tunnel. For now, though, the swing proved to be exciting enough, especially when there were other children around for Annabelle to watch. She gets so excited when she spies other children around and I always enjoy seeing her interact with them. Since today was a big day (her first time on a park swing!) I couldn't go without my trusty camera in tow. Here are the pictures of Annabelle enjoying her first swing ride:

Hmmmm........Annabelle has just spotted the other children on the swings. I'm not sure I can compete with them for her attention!

What a fun day today was! Next week we are planning to go to the swimming pool with a friend and her three children. That will be exciting!!




2 comments:
First, thank you for your very thoughtful comments on my blog. Your comments are always so sweet and very thoughtful. I really appreciate them!
Second, I LOVE the picture of her with her arms crossed.
She is such an adorable little girl!
Enjoy yourself at the pool next week. Annabelle loved the pool last year, and she loves it now. I found it easier to introduce her to the water by using a floatie device, if you have one. They sell baby ones at Sam's and also at onestepahead.com.
Thanks for your compliments! I have to admit that the picture of her with her arms crossed was actually snapped "by accident". I pressed the shutter button, but there is a 3 second delay before the shutter actually closes down and takes the snapshot. Annabelle crossed her arms like that during this 3 second delay! She crosses her arms like that a lot, but this is the first time I was actually able to get a picture of it! :-)
Unfortunately we weren't able to make it to the pool this week like I had hoped, but we're planning ahead for next week. If nothing else, big sister is having her birthday party at the community pool, so Annabelle will get an opportunity to swim at "Sissy's Sweet Sixteen" party, as we are calling it. :-) Thanks for the suggestion about the floatie device....I think that is a GREAT idea and I'm going to look into it! :-)
Post a Comment