by Richard and Florence Atwater
Once again, I must apologize for my long absence. Chronic computer problems, combined with several new translation projects, combined with the antics of a very active 9 month old, combined with houseguests have made blogging a difficult task these days. I'm hoping that after I finally get caught up with everything again (including the 1000+ emails that I still have yet to read!) I won't have any other such absences, and that I can continue blogging on a regular basis like I have enjoyed doing in the past.
I have had two more parts on my computer replaced. I honestly wonder why I even bother sometimes! It would be a whole lot easier if I just bought a brand new computer! Easier, yes. Cheaper, no. *SIGH* Alas, I guess I'm stuck with this arthritic one for now....or at least until I win the lottery, and since I don't play....well, it might be awhile before I win! :-)
My Annabelle is crawling now! And crawling like a champ, I might add! Now that she is crawling, she no longer voluntarily plays in her play yard anymore. No more confinement for my little angel! This is not necessarily a good thing, since I like to put her in her play yard while I'm cooking dinner or need to accomplish some household task without a baby attached to my hip. Now I either have to learn how to multi-task with the extra hip attachment, or tolerate the blood-curdling screams of one very unhappily confined (but safe!) baby. My choice depends on the mood I'm in at the time!
Annabelle is still not clapping or waving "bye-bye" yet. It looks like she wants to wave bye-bye.....her hand goes up, but she hasn't gotten the actual waving part down pat yet. And we aren't even close with the clapping, but we'll get there! The doctor has expressed some concern about the clapping, and the words "occupational therapy" actually came up at Annabelle's 9 month check-up (occupational therapy for a 9 month old who refuses to clap??!!?!?) My baby was a sitting a week later than the doctor said she should (the doctor told me that Annabelle MUST be sitting by 7 months old, yet my little princess didn't master this difficult task until 7 months, one week old) and now she sits like a pro. I'm not at all concerned about the clapping. She'll get it eventually (when she's ready!) and when she does, she will quickly and easily master it just like she has done with all her other milestones.
I am currently reading "Mr. Poppers Pinguine" (Mr. Popper's Penguins in German) to Annabelle. Now that she is crawling, she's not "stuck" in front of the book like she was before. No, now she just ignores me as she crawls away but that's OK because it's still good quality time I get to spend with my little explorer. I'm confident that the time I spend reading to her is not time wasted!
The following are Annabelle's 9 month portraits:


1 comment:
It is so good to hear that you are back! Your Annabelle has grown so much. She is precious! I wouldn't worry about her not clapping yet. I was reading through some notes I had written down about what Annabelle was doing around 11-12 months of age, and I had just noted that it looked like she was trying to clap, so she was "late" (according to your doctor) on the clapping as well. I'm looking forward to reading your blog again.
Post a Comment