Once again, I find myself apologizing for my extended absence on Blogspot. I was the fortunate, yet unexpected, recipient of a free ticket to Germany for the winter (i.e. Christmas, my anniversary, New Year's & my birthday!) holidays....an offer that I found myself eagerly and greetily accepting. Soooooo, Annabelle and I boarded a plane and spent a large portion of the winter freezing our butts off in the snowy and icy region of Munich. Hubby couldn't request time off on such short notice (I doubt his request would have been approved anyway) so it was just Annabelle and me. It was an interesting trip and, like all vacations, had its ups and downs. One of the major drawbacks was Christmas itself. Without my family nearby, it almost felt like I skipped Christmas altogether. That was the most upsetting aspect of the trip. Other than that, though, it was a good way to meet up with an old friend and experience Germany at Christmastime. I have over 1000 photos (7 or 8 CDs full) that I need to sort through and when I do, I will post some (I will, by no means, post them all!)
Annabelle handled the plane ride like a champ (on the way over there) and I was so proud of her. On the way back, though, she flew back with a double ear infection so she was understandably cranky on the way home. Our flight was delayed a couple of times, making me a little bit cranky as well. All in all, it was a fantastic trip, but there's really no place like home!
I will post more within the next coupld of days. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment