Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Christmas Parade

Well, I am extremely disappointed at how Annabelle's Santa Cow pictures looked on paper. I sent the photos to the Wal-Mart photo lab to get printed out so that I could send them out to some of my less internet-friendly friends. Santa Cow came out OK, but Annabelle was a bit blurry and out of focus, and the lighting was yellowish. The wallet size pics are much better than the bigger ones, but I'm still very disappointed. Annabelle doesn't look blurry on my digital pic, but I guess maybe she is. Either that or my eyesight is going bad. I don't think pics can go to the lab clear and in focus, yet come back blurry and out of focus, so I guess the error is on me. What a shame! I'm actually too embarrassed to send these Santa Cow pics to my friends. Well, Santa Cow will be at this Chick-fil-A every Saturday until Christmas, so maybe I'll consider going back next weekend. I'm inclined to think that the restaurant was so empty today because people were probably back on the town square getting ready for the parade, so next weekend will probably be pretty busy, as usual. Oh well, I'll think about it.

After our photo shoot with Santa Cow, my parents, husband, Annabelle and I all headed down to the town square to watch the Christmas Parade. The weather was, in my opinion, perfect.....chilly but not cold. I'm posting a few pics here of the parade. I was kind of disappointed at how some of them came out...my camera has some "shutter lag" so to speak. I'd take what I knew was going to be a great shot, only to have my camera wait two seconds before it actually snapped it, giving me a messed up shot. Several of my subjects turned around right after they saw me push the button down on my camera, yet my camera didn't actually take the shot until the subject was actually turning away. I have an awful lot of pictures of various peoples' backsides now! *SIGH* Well, here are a couple of the non-backsides of people, as well as a couple of the floats.




No comments: