Saturday, December 1, 2007

Right Down Moo Moo Lane......

We did it! We made it to Chick-fil-A to see Santa Cow! Annabelle slept quite a bit later than usual (2 hours later to be exact), so I was a bit apprehensive about how the morning was going to turn out. I woke her up at 8:00am, fed the dog, prepared Annabelle's bottle, changed her diaper and got her dressed, then headed out the door. I was absolutely certain that we were going to meet with a crowded restaurant (this particular Chick-fil-A is ALWAYS crowded!) and in my mind we were already late. I wanted to be there at 8:30am sharp, since Annabelle is always her happiest when she first wakes up, but now we weren't going to make it there until 9:00am or so. Well, we got there and much to my surprise, the parking lot was practically empty. Hmmmm, was I here on the right day? I grabbed Annabelle's carseat and brought her inside (the hubby was with me) and as soon as I walked in I saw this enormous cow sitting next to a Christmas tree. Was that a stuffed cow? I felt a twinge of disappointment as I "realized" that this was an oversized stuffed animal. Then I saw the stuffed animal's foot tapping on the floor. Hmmm, was this a mechanical cow? The foot tapping was at a very steady beat, with very regular intervals in between the tapping. What on earth was this thing? I must have just stood there for several seconds too long because all of a sudden the cow waved at me. Yes, he was "real"! I went over to Santa Cow and he stood up and shook my hand. One of the ladies with him offered to take Annabelle's picture with Santa Cow and I happily let her. Naturally I brought my camera along, with fresh batteries, and snapped several shots myself. The bad thing is, of all the shots I took, only one was any good. The good thing is, that one good shot was a *really* good shot as far as I'm concerned. SO.....here it is.....the moment we've all been waiting for...
Annabelle and SANTA COW!!



She was in such a happy mood! It was great! Since we are on the topic of Santas, I decided to take a picture of the picture of Annabelle on Santas lap, and post it here in my blog. I searched the photo completely, and there are no copyright stamps anywhere on the back of the paper.....I read the envolope thoroughly, and there is no mention of this photo being copyrighted, and I even looked over the receipt and read every word on it....nothing about any kind of copyright. So, on that note, I am assuming that this photo is not copyrighted in any way, or there would be some kind of notice somewhere.....so, here it is - from yesterday - Annabelle and Santa Claus:





After our photo with Santa Cow, the three of us, along with my parents, decided to go downtown to see the parade. My older daughter was supposed to hang out with a friend of mine, but that eventually fell through. Anyway, the parade was a lot of fun. The weather was chilly, but not too terribly cold. They were tossing and/or handing candy and little goodies and trinkets out to the children. I grabbed a baseball cap that one of the companies was handing out, but left the candy for the kiddos. I took a TON of pictures, and will post a couple of them in a separate blog entry. I love the small town atmosphere so even though this parade doesn't come anywhere near the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, it was still quaint and charming.

2 comments:

Mommy Belle said...

The pictures with Santa AND Santa Cow look great! You could not have asked for a better smile.

As for the Santa Cow picture being blurry once printed, I am thinking that maybe it could have possibly printed blurry (if it looked clear on your computer). Maybe you should try printing at a different photo shop just to make sure.

Thanks for sharing the pics! The picture of the picture looks great!

Unknown said...

Santa Cow is awesome! I'm going to be looking for the next appearance so I can have my little monkeys see him. I know my son will probably be happier about seeing a cow than a real man. Your pictures are adorable and it looked like Annabelle had lots of fun!