Tuesday, March 10, 2009

One Quarter......

.....of our time here in Arkansas is over. Since Hubby was laid off, we've given ourselves a two month time limit (when he will cease to continue being paid by his former employer) to find another job here before we have to (reluctantly) pack up and move. Hubby has now been out of work for a little over two weeks, making it one-fourth of our two month time limit. He's been searching and searching for a job, with no results. It's so frustrating, knowing that this economic downturn will eventually pass, but not knowing how long it will take just makes it a financially irresponsible decision for us to stay here and try to ride it out. If he doesn't find a job within the next six weeks, we are going to have a huge yard sale, sell everything and head on out to Georgia. My parents have a vacation home out there that they are offering to give us. They own it outright, so there will be no mortgage to worry about. Eventually, they will sell their house out here in Arkansas and move back to Florida. It will be so sad, not being able to see them every day (which I can do here, should I choose to!) but the location of their vacation home and the location of where they would like to purchase their next home, we will only be 1.5 - 2 hours away, so Annabelle will still get to see her Grandma and Grandpa on the weekends. I'm still so angry at Wal-Mart and have sworn to never EVER spend another penny in any of their stores EVER again! Target will get all of my business from now on! This was nothing but a greedy corporate move on their part.
Even though we still have 6 weeks here, I think I've pretty much got it set in my mind that Hubby isn't going to find a new job. Maybe he will, though, I just have a feeling that this isn't going to turn out well for us. I finally found a place I love...a place to call home....and I am being forced to uproot my life here and start fresh again somewhere else. I hate the ominous feeling in the pit of my gut. I am, however, eternally grateful to my parents for generously giving us their vacation home. They could have just as easily packed up and moved out there themselves (where they love it there so much more than they do Arkansas, which they hate!) yet they are allowing us to move out there instead, and choosing to stay behind in a state that they hate, just so that we won't fall into financial ruin due to our unfortunate circumstances. I am so blessed to have such incredible parents!

I have decided to go back to school to become certified as a pharmacy technician. It's a growing career field with very flexible scheduling options. My goal, if I manage to accomplish it, would be to work the overnight shift in a hospital...part time. It will give me something to do while earning a little extra money on the side. It's only a 48 hour course, which takes place over a 2 month span of time. Pharmacy technicians doen't make fantastic paychecks, but pharmacology is something I have always been interested in and becoming a pharmacist is out of the question for me at this point. But I'm leaving that dream open for another time. Ultimately I'd like to get into the field of nuclear pharmacology....making the radioactive medicines required for patients undergoing chemotherapy. We'll see how it goes, though. If we stay here in Arkansas, the training program begins in May and then again in July. If I am unable to stay here, I'm sure I can find the same training program out there in Georgia.

Every day I am truly amazed at the way my little Princess is growing and changing. She can say a handful of words now, including "juice", "tea", "baby", "bee", "bubble" and "doo doo" (which we learned during daily diaper duties!) And she can understand simple commands like "close the door", "throw that away", etc. and she will fetch objects when I ask her to (a book, her shoes, a particular toy, etc.) She is such a happy baby and an incredible blessing in my life. I honestly don't know how I ever managed to be happy before she came along and, upon closer examination of my life, I realize my definition of "happy" has changed since her arrival. She completes me.






Annabelle honestly thinks these Mr. Potato Head glasses were made for her face!








Annabelle's new favorite place to sit......the dog's empty food bowl!






Annabelle loves to wear Mommy's shoes, even if they are on the wrong way!







What is it with Annabelle's obsession with the dog's food bowl??







Bedtime has become an interesting event....with a new stuffed toy required every night. What happends when Annabelle can no longer fit in her own bed??






Annabelle and her friend, Wesley, wreak havoc in Mommy's kitchen!

No comments: