We received some fairly good news today on the job homefront. It seems we will be getting more unemployment benefits than we had originally been planned. The amount that we will evidently qualify for will be enough to cover the mortgage on our house. YAY! This means we can stay in our home for a little while longer before packing up and moving out to Georgia. We will have a little more breathing room than we were originally expecting, although we will be pinching quite a few pennies to make ends meet. That's OK, though, because we will be able to pay our mortgage. That was my biggest concern. I couldn't care less at this point whether or not our credit card bills get paid. Yes, there was a time when I did care that they were not only paid, but paid on time. It's amazing what a layoff will do to a person's priorities, though. Now my main concern is making sure we have a house to live in and food to eat every day. Hopefully I'll be able to prepare that food in a well lit room, providing we had enough money to pay the electric bill, but if not then....well, if we have a warm, dry place to sleep at night then I'll forego the lights. OK, I know it will never get that bad...but those kinds of thoughts run through my mind when faced with the very real fact that we have no reliable source of income right now. It is a scary and unsettling feeling. Anyway, now that we will be able to make the mortgage payment, we have decided to stay here in Arkansas until July and then, if Hubby is still unemployed at that time, we will put our house on the market and head on out to the Peach State. It was important to me to wait until July because I wanted to have Annabelle's 2nd birthday party out here where all her friends are.
And speaking of her birthday party.........yes I know it's still 4 months away, but I'm already starting to plan it and I'm thinking that this year we're going to do an "Abby" party. Abby Cadabby (from Sesame Street) is so cute and I think she will make the perfect theme for a 2nd birthday party. At this point in time, Annabelle does not show any preference for any particular character, so anything's a go right now. I really do appreciate these baby days when Annabelle is so easy to deal with. She'll be a teenager one day and during those days, when nothing I do will be good enough for her, I will look back fondly on these sweet, innocent Sesame Street days. Children grow up so darn fast and I want to cling to and treasure every moment in my little girl's life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment