Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Little Ballerina

We signed Annabelle up for ballet today and she had a BLAST! She was somewhat hyper today....to the point that the assistant instructor had to hold her in her arms a couple of times (is that the ballet equivalent of sitting in time out?) but the instructor assured me that that hyperactivity would quelch itself in a matter of weeks. I guess with the newness of it all, combined with lots of new faces, was just too much for my little girl to resist. Plus, whenever she caught a glimpse of me, she made an immediate beeline towards me yelling, "there's my mommy!!" so the instructor had to close the door most of the way, leaving it open just a crack. Most of my pictures were taken through this barely open door, so I don't have a lot of good shots of her in action, but I did get a few. When she calms down in a few weeks, I should be able to get more. All in all, though, she had a great time and I am really happy with both the instructor and the way the class was carried out. They did some silly singing and dancing for the first half hour or so and then, for the remaining 15 minutes, they do some actual ballet moves. They have a recital coming up in a few months but, unfortunately, I didn't get Annabelle signed up in time so she was never measured for a costume. That's OK, though. We'll go watch the performance this year and then that will give us a better idea of what to expect next year. I'm excited!!







She's so excited she can barely wait to get inside!










Being held by the instructor is the equivalent of being put in time out.









Annabelle is too busy admiring herself in the mirror to realize that she should be clapping right now.









The girls had to jump over a little stuffed frog. After Annabelle stopped and straightened the frog, she was more than happy to jump over it.









I had to take this shot of their reflection in the mirror, as I was unable to reach my arm all the way around the door to get a clear shot of them.











Annabelle had a blast at ballet and is looking forward to going back again next week!

No comments: