Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A New Life

Once again, I managed to drop off the face of the earth....or at least out of cyberspace. Life has a way of throwing us a curve ball from time to time and, unfortunately, some of us get curve ball after curve ball after curve ball with little to no time to react in between. This month marks the one year point since hubby was laid off from the only career he's ever had. We've gone into severe debt, lost our home, and uprooted our family to another time zone in order to maintain some semblance of a normal life.

So, the three of us are now living with my parents here in south Georgia (which I hate, by the way!) in a house just outside of town, right on the lake. Life has changed for us, that's for sure, and we are trying to make the best of it. We've been here for two months now and and are doing as well as can be expected.

We found a new church here. I really, really, REALLY miss our old church. I don't think I will ever find a new church that comes anywhere near what our former church was.

I was able to get a transfer with my job, so I am now the only employed person in the house. Hubby is still on the hunt for a job. He's been close several times.....made the final cut with several companies, but in the end, he's still unemployed. I don't make a lot of money where I'm at (I'm only part time) but I have excellent health insurance (yes, I get excellent insurance as a part timer!) so I choose to stay.

Annabelle is adjusting MUCH better than I thought she would. She absolutely adores her Mammaw and Pappaw, so she LOVES having them around all the time now. Christmas was great (Annabelle made out like a bandit!!) and pictures will be posted shortly.

Annabelle started ballet today. We went to observe before we actually signed her up and she LOVED it! She cried so hard when we left! I felt so bad having to drag her out of there. She won't be able to participate in the end-of-year recital (the costumes had to be ordered back in December, so we missed the deadline for that) but she can still participate in the weekly practices. It's going to be tons of fun, I just know it! It's disciplined and orderly, unlike the gymnastics classes we had her in back in Arkansas. I honestly feel that some parents used those gymnastics classes as a socialization hour where they would just let their children run amok while they spent the entire class chit chatting with one another. It was a constant source of frustration for me whenever that happened, as children would run around the mats with no supervision at all and would ruin the Mommy-Daughter experience for Annabelle and me.......well, ok, they ruined it for me, but probably not for Annabelle. It was distracting and I ended up spending more time trying to prevent her from following them than I did trying to help her with the actual gymnastics aspect of it. Ok....enough of my complaining. The whole point of this paragraph was merely to state that I have a good feeling about the ballet lessons. We'll see how it goes next week, when she actually gets to participate!!

No comments: