Friday, November 30, 2007

It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's Santa Cow!

Today was such a fun, fun, super fun day with Annabelle. I had to make a trip to the mall (about 30 minutes away) to pick up a Christmas gift that apparently can't be purchased anywhere but this one store in this one mall, 30 minutes away. I suppose I could have purchased it online, but where's the fun in that?! Anyway, while Annabelle & I were at the mall, I noticed that Santa Claus was going to be making an appearance at 11:00am and that obnoxiously expensive photos could be taken and purchased with my little darling sitting on his lap. I looked at my watch...10:35am. Hmmmmm, in another 25 minutes I could go ahead and give this a shot while I'm here, instead of leaving and making this trek all the way out here on another, less convenient, day. Annabelle was in a suuuuuuper sweeeeeet mood, so I decided to stay. I didn't want to stand in the no-line (yet) for 25 minutes, so I wandered over to the food court to grab a bite to eat. Chick-fil-A was the only restaurant with any food available (everybody else was still cooking their first batches of food), so my only two choices were to eat at Chick-fil-A or go hungry for a little while. Chick-fil-A is one of my favorite fast food restaurants, so the decision was a no-brainer for me. I ate my yummy nuggets and 1000-calorie waffle fries and when I was done I meandered back over to Santa's throne to wait for him there. As I'm leaving the food court, I notice a Chick-fil-A sign indicating that "Santa Cow" will be available at various Chick-fil-A restaurants in the area beginning tomorrow and going through till Christmas, and that children can get their photos taken with him (it?) SANTA COW! (Holy Cow!!) What an image that puts in my head! I googled the term "Santa Cow", looking for an image of a previous year's Santa Cow at some Chick-fil-A somewhere, but nothing even remotely relevant came up. Well, needless to say, I'm going tomorrow! :-)

So, I finally arrive at Santa's throne and am the 2nd person in line. Unfortunately, the other woman was standing in the wrong area, which meant I was also in the wrong area, so I ended up being 4th in line when the other lady and I realized we weren't actually standing in line at all. Anyway, long story short (too late!) Annabelle went up to get her picture taken with Santa and was all smiles for the camera! It turned out soooooo cute! Unfortunately the pictures were so darned expensive that I didn't have any money leftover to purchase the disk with her photo on it. If I ever get a scanner, or can borrow somebody else's, I'll get the pic on here of Annabelle on Santa's lap. If I had known we were going to be doing the Santa photos today, I would have put new batteries in my camera (mine are *totally* dead!) and taken a few shots myself while she was sitting so cheerfully on his lap. Well, I've learned my lesson so I'll be better prepared tomorrow when we go to visit Santa Cow down there on Moo Moo Lane.....

2 comments:

Mommy Belle said...

Fun! And, she was happy for the picture too, that's great! I remember last year trying to plan around Annabelle's feeding and awake time and fussy/happy time just to get her picture with Santa. She was about 7 weeks old at the time though, so she had just started smiling, but we had no luck in catching that random smile! Oh well! Maybe this year? Of course, she'll probably scream this year, but that should be cute too.

Jodi said...

I believe I have figured out the secret to Annabelle's good moods: early mornings! She is in such an incredibly happy mood when she wakes up. That's when I need to start getting her pictures taken! The whole "Santa Cow" thing starts at 8:30am tomorrow monring and I am going to try to be there as close to then as I can be. Whenever I try to plan around her nap/food schedule, in invariably backfires on me and I'm left dealing with an irate baby who is starving to death and can't keep her eyes open. It never fails! :-)